The principal objective of Rotary is ” Service above Self ”
As stated in the Constitution it is “to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise.”
The statement then lists four areas by which this ideal of service is fostered:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying by each Rotarians occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarians personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a World fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The objectives are also firmly stated in the Four Way Test:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build good will and better friendship?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
How does that translate into action?
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbours, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people of action can unite to create lasting change across the globe, in our communities, and also in ourselves.
There are six broad causes that focuses our work focuses upon:
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
Next -> Why become a rotarian?